CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Yuk!!!!!

I'm sick today and I thought maybe some chocolate cake would make me feel better, so I made the recipe from the last post. FORGET ABOUT IT!! That is the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life.....like some science experiment gone bad!! So, don't bother even trying it.

Reminds me of how we sometimes try to handle things on our own when we really should do what God says, not take short cuts, but spend some serious time with Him on a regular basis.

On page 142 of our homework, near the bottom of the page, Beth said this: "The serpent promised life and delivered death. The Creator promised death and delivered life."

Describe the significance of Romans 8:32 in view of the above. For my answer I put: "Christ is God's Y.E.S.....all other things pale in comparison!

What is your answer to the question? Please list it in the comments section below. Thanks.

3 comments:

Hiker Mama said...

God gave His only Son that we may have life... he will surely grant us our hearts desires as long as they are not destructive desires.

Hiker Mama said...

Thanks for the heads up on the chocolate cake. I prefer the Peperidge Farm Triple Cocolate Fudge. It is much easier to make also....

Wanda said...

It blows my mind that the Creator of the universe gave His Son so that I can have eternal life. This very thought humbles me. This question reminded me of a small book by Amy Carmihael called “If” or “Calvary Love” and it starts out: If I belittle those whom I am called to serve, talk of their weak points in contrast perhaps with what I think of as my strong points; if I adopt a superior attitude, forgetting "Who made thee to differ? And what hast thou that thou hast not received?" then I know nothing of Calvary love.

I thought of this as I was reading this portion of the lesson.