CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

God's Word is Life and Health!

Dear Girl friends,
I've been thinking lately about how much God's word heals us. Psalm 107:20 states: "You sent forth Your Word and healed us."

That is so true! I know of no other way to get healthy spiritually than to go to God's word. I'm not just talking about once or twice a week, I'm talking about a daily dose. It's like when you go to the doctor and he says "Take this pill every day. Don't skip a day. Don't miss a few days. Take it every day and finish it all." We all do our best to follow the doctor's instructions.

Well, how about God's instructions? Do we do our best to follow His word every day? It's the best thing I know to heal a wounded heart. I've seen it, sisters, and I've lived it. I can testify to it. I have other witnesses who can testify to it.

So, my challenge to us is that we spend time in God's word every day. Not just reading a verse really fast to get it done, but meditating on it or memorizing it and living it out, breathing it in and out. God's word is alive and active in me and in you. We need to know what it says. We need to read it. We need to study it. We need to meditate on it. We need to gather together and study it. We need to live it out. There is no better way to be healed. I'm living proof and I know some of you are, as well.

In the comment section, give me an example of how God sent forth His word and healed you.

2 comments:

Hiker Mama said...

All of my life I have suffered with one addictioon after another or multiple issues going on at the same time. I have always had a monkey on my back it seems like. Since I have come to know the Lord and have been enthralled with His word, the desires for gratification by chemical means has diminished a lot. I am more interested in following Him, discoverong His plan for my life. Don't get me wrong, at times the old desires are right there, staring me in the face. Now I have the power of the Holy Spirit and God's word in my heart and mind to help distract me at the times when I need Him most....Thank you Lord for the amazing work that You have done in my life!

JayCee said...

Thanks for sharing Hiker-mama. We appreciate your openness and honesty. Your transparency helps us all.